How does it get any better than this?

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

37 hours of driving!

On January 4th I decided to relax and allow the Universe to give me all that I want so I packed and packed and packed for a long winter trip without having confirmed accommodations. The next day I drove 10 hours to NW Arkansas to see my dear friend Cris (http://www.artbycrixie.blogspot.com/). We haven't seen each other in over seven years. It was great to see her again. I feel so comfortable around her. I think more so now than when we were younger. Maybe it is all the changes in our lives, including maturing, that has made us better friends. It was cool to meet her daughter and introduce her to my son. Those two played all day and night. On Friday the 8th I drove another 13 hours to just south of Atlanta where I rested for 5 hours. I had to start the car every hour or two because the temperature was only in the teens. When I awoke at 6am I got back on the road and drove and drove 14 hours to the Florida Keys. I spent the night at a proposed domestic work-exchange arrangement but remembered very quickly that I must have my own place. In the morning I drove to the RV/trailer resort we stayed at last year and within 20 minutes they had found a place for us! I'm thrilled to be in a gated community with a pool and wifi. Thank you Universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment